Friday, January 9, 2009

Edge of sanity

If only the road was as easy as it seemed.
No bends, no obstacles, no disappointment.
We would stop there, enjoy the scene a little while.

If only we could do whatever  we’d wanted,
No cares, no worries, no expectations.
We could be hanging there with nothing to think about.

But the road of life doesn’t seem to go that way,
I have tried to follow my heart and dreams,
But the more I turn the more I seem to lose myself.

Take me away to somewhere I can be alone
But this is the real life, there’s no way to run.
All I can do is face to the facts.
I’m hanging on the edge of sanity.

Take me away to somewhere I can be alone,
Just to run away, even for a little while.
I keep wanting, wishing upon a star.
I’m hanging on the edge of sanity by a thread.

You see the happy smiles on the face of a  child.
You see that tired face when you look in the mirror.
You ask yourself, what have you done with your life.

All you wanted was to please everybody,
but you were hurting yourself deeply inside.
Now you’re falling apart and you can’t see the truth anymore.

So I got tired of waiting, for my dreams to come around.
My hope is slowly fading, I work so hard but you don’t seem to see.

So I said,

Open your eyes and look at me closely now,
Do you see the me, that I used to be?
I have been so lost, feeling so alone now.
Somebody save me from the insanity.

have you tried looking at someone so familiar,
yet not being able to recognize them?
have you tried looking at someone you trusted so much,
yet not being able to differentiate the truth or lie?

No comments: