Saturday, September 13, 2008

Orphanage Visit

How do you describe it?
The feelings just can't be put into words.
Though this is not my first to an orphanage,
Every visit seems brand new to me.

When I woke up this morning,
I had no idea what was coming my way.
I didn't even know I was going till N called.
I hurriedly prepared myself and hoped for the best.

When I first walked in to the center,
I could see children everywhere!
Eating, lying down, sitting up, running.

The first thing that ran through my mind was,
This is quite different.. nothing serious.

How wrong I was when I stepped into the house,
I shall not describe or say anything now.
All of us were kinda choked up and didn't know what to do.

We sticked to each other at the beginning,
Lost in the sea of children.
Glancing at each other trying to get a clue.
Mark finally led us to play with the children.

We sang and played games.
There was a clown there!
First time in my life,
I was actually not afraid of it.
XP

To sum it all up,
It was definitely a great experience.
Congrats to yee WA for organizing this.

Happy be-earlied Mooncake Festival!

No comments: