Friday, January 15, 2010

If you don’t feel anything, you don’t have a heart

I just read this super touching post about Haiti’s earthquake from Briana’s blog. I suggest you check it out. Click here.

I remember the other day World Vision was in Tropicana City Mall. This lady went on stage and gave a speech about how the children and all were suffering and everything else. I remember I was listening to it at first but it became to unbearable after awhile. I had to tune out of it. I was about to tear… or maybe I already was.

I remember talking to a Unicef worker the other day while waiting for lunch. I remember her telling me this sentence, “You have no idea how many children are dying right now.”

I know. I know there are children dying at this very moment. Not just victims to natural disasters but victims to war, domestic violence, malnutrition… Thinking about how little and defenseless they are against the cold cruel world, I can’t help but want to weep for them. Perhaps they are stronger than me, they accept life and whatever that’s installed for them. The world was not meant to be this cold for them.

I asked for details for volunteering in UNICEF. Sadly or maybe to say luckily, the age limit is at 21. To say luckily is because I’m emotionally incapable of taking such hard cruel blows from this thing called reality. I still cannot face a disabled kid without thinking what would have been if they weren’t this way.

I dislike those parents whom walk in front and leave their children tagging along behind them. I mean god damn it, they are only like 5?! They can’t even protect themselves if someone were to grab them from behind. When you realize they’re gone, it’ll be too late, not any amount of tears you cry or flyers you sent around are gonna help you get you child back. Who are you to blame but yourselves?

Life’s like that, but we can make it better for them. Go against Child Violence. :)

No comments: