Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crossroad of choices

Remember when we were younger, these few words would often escape our mouth “My mama told me…” and they were muttered with every inch of proudness our little self could muster.

Then there came a time where we slowly stopped muttering those four words. Instead, we started getting defiant of those words. Those four words became a curse to us. At least to a small group of us. How the four words slowly changed into “What does she know…” added with a string of sentence behind it.

I was reminded the sad cold reality of the real world. With the hopes of getting a degree in psychology and venturing into Events. She just snickered and said, "that’s the IDEAL plan…”

Of course I have thought of plenty of “what if’s”. I thought that you would trust me enough to know what’s best for me. I know you don’t want me to regret my choices later on. Don’t you think I’ve thought this over many times before making the right decision? If I didn’t think it over, I guess I would be wanting to do a degree in culinary arts right now.

Reality life IS cruel. No matter what course you take. It’s not gonna be better if I were to take LAW, or study MEDICINE, because reality will always catch up with you no matter how fast you run. So why can’t I just make up my mind?

You contradict yourself so much, do you know that? You say you support my plans but on the other hand you’re trying to introduce so many other courses to me. I told you I’ve already weighed my choices and made up my mind. You said that I already have a mindset when a few years back me not being able to make up my mind you said I was not being worried enough about my studies and I couldn’t care less.

I honestly do not know what to do nor think anymore. So I will just put my future in your hand. No matter what happens. It’s on you.

No comments: